Currently, the release process is a bit ad-hoc, but the following procedure represents the general set of steps that need to happen.
- Take a given state of the develop/unstable branch.
- Post a .jar to the list, and get feedback.
- Fix those bugs.
- If people are happy with that, then post it to TRF, and get more feedback.
- Fix those.
- Promote the relas from "unstable" to "stable"
- Tag the commit:
- Post the jar there
- Announce a release here (on the email list)
- Coordinate with packager maintainers